Wanted: Communication Intern Festivals and Events
We hit the dance floor and felt a great sense of unity. It made us wonder what our dance community could do with all its positive energy. If we would all help a good cause for just a few hours, how much difference could we make?
That same year we donated our first hours. We spent a day with 150 other dance music lovers planting trees near the Welcome to the Future festival grounds. It was such a beautiful experience that we didn’t want to stop, so we raised the bar. The 10,000 HOURS foundation was born. Since then we’ve teamed up with artists and festivals we passed the 35,000 HOURS mark filled with voluntary hours. We’ve enabled visitors of electronic music events to contribute to their local communities in new ways, from helping out in nursing homes to planting trees in nature and cooking meals for the homeless people. The last 10,000 HOURS are always in our hearts. And the next 10,000 HOURS are always on our minds.
10,000 HOURS is looking for a fulltime intern from February 2018 until the end of August 2018 who can support the Marketing and Communication Department. You will be responsible for creating content.
- Manage and update our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Snapchat) with excellent communication skills
- Create content such as blogs, posts, artwork and short video’s
- Interview artists and volunteers, write reports of our activities and other blog posts for our website
- Select pictures for our social media channels
- Management support
- Account Management support
- Contact with partners
- Help creating campaigns and events
- Support the production team during our activities
- Welcoming guests and journalists
- Giving support to photographers
- You are a conscious festival-goer
- Work (intern) experience in journalism, marketing and communication
- Have excellent English and Dutch speaking and writing skills
- Know how to work with InDesign, Photoshop etc.
- You study HBO or WO marketing, event management, journalism or communication
- Knowledge of the latest social media trends
- Affinity with the electronic music industry
- No 9 till 6 mentality, sometimes work in weekends
- Available until August
- Dynamic, creative and international environment
- You will get a lot of responsibility and gain work experience
- Informal atmosphere and short lines
- €250,- compensation per month (full time)
Send your motivation and Curriculum Vitae before 1 November 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Communication intern Festivals and Events